Most people don't know this, but there are TWO different types of physicians in the United States: Medical Doctors (the familiar M.D.'s) and Osteopathic Doctors (D.O.s). Both receive the exact same medical training, with one key difference: D.O.s receive additional education in something called Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment, or OMT for short.
Compared side-by-side, OMT is very similar to chiropractic medicine, and many of the treatment methods share the similar names. The underlying principles of OMT are to optimize health through manipulating the body's inherent healing properties.
Unfortunately, very few osteopathic physicians still practice OMT because (surprise!) insurance doesn't cover it. Dr. Schulte strongly believes that any treatment beneficial to a patient shouldn't be hindered by insurance company red tape, which is why The Drop-In Doc offers OMT free of charge as part of your membership.
Still have questions? Click below to leave us a message!Contact Us
- Hands-on techniques
- Used to alleviate symptoms from a variety of conditions
- Corrects structural and tissue abnormalities
- Improves range of motion, joint restrictions, and misalignment
- Restoration of balance between muscle and soft tissues
- Facilitates blood and lymphatic flow throughout the body
- Improves immune response